Now that I get to stay home with Ryan I have made some goals for myself. One of my goals is to start reading again. It seems like there has always been something that has prevented me from having the time to read: college, work, etc. I have found that I can make time for reading...I just have to use my time wisely. So instead of taking a nap with Ryan everyday (which I still do sometimes) I am reading. I want to read 2 books a month. We'll see how it goes, but here's the first. This past week I had my birthday and turned 24! Some really good friends of ours gave me this book for my birthday. It is amazing! I highly recommend it. It's a national bestseller about a man who reflects on his life and gives his insights and advice to others. It was a good reminder about what's important and making sure we have our priorities straight. I couldn't put this book down. Check it out at the library, buy it, borrow it, whatever, read it!


2 comments:
Hey, if you're really interested in reading you should check out www.goodreads.com. It is a really cool free website where you can keep track of what you read, want to read, or are currently reading. You can also add friends and see what they have read and liked. I'm on it and really like it! Check it out. Oh and if you nurse, that is also a great time to get some reading in! :) Glad you're doing well.
Good for you for finding time to read, and doubly good for you for taking little snoozers with Ryan. Motherhood is hard work, and it only gets busier. Those sweet moments with your first, when there are no other little ankle bitters nipping at your heels are precious, so nap away!
Post a Comment